2012. november 14., szerda

End of an era, start of a new one

Yep, yesterday I left PokerStrategy as a coach and freelancer. Had my time there, and it definitely was a worthy experience, but I think it's time to move on. I'd love to say that it wasn't an easy decision, but all in all it was. I applied for English LHE coach position, but "they have enough content and coaches at the moment", therefore I'm not needed. Well, their loss IMO. For the Hungarian part it's a bit more complicated than that, and since it's all fresh, I should probably not write anything about it until I clear up my head and have the kind of second, more thought through perception on it.

Also, I've been kind of fed up with LHE lately. For one, the action is either seldom or bad. Maybe not on my main limits, but on higher limits definitely. And I'm not that type of player that will conservatively stick to his main game, or whatever, meaning I don't want to try and rakebackwhore myself to higher stakes, or anything like that. I'm just not motivated by it, I just burn out way too fast and tilt my ass off if money has to be my main motivation. That's why I'm never gonna be rich, but whatever. And although I can see that most of the 'regulars' are straight up awful in todays midstakes games, it - for some reason - doesn't give me the satisfaction I need to play poker without being hugely results-oriented or focused on money. I'm not sure why that is, and in the near future I have to and will think about it a lot, but with all the changes coming to my poker (and possibly real) life, I'm gonna have to review my whole perspective of the game.

After deciding that I'm gonna leave PS (about 3-4 weeks ago) I decided that with FTP coming back, I'm gonna focus on the non-mainstream games, first of all the 7 'other' games in the 10game (7.5 counting that PLO is still an interesting game and worthy to learn IMO). For one, better highstakes games are running in mixed and 'other' games, so the perspective is kind of better for a wannabe highstakes player I think, but also I believe if it comes to that, I can easily get myself to the level to jump back into LHE if needed. However, currently I see little chance of that in the upcoming future. For anyone interested, I still offer coaching for LHE, I feel I know the game well enough, that being a bit out of practice wouldn't affect me that much, and at least 1/10 of the hands I play will still be in LHE.:) Also, it's the method that counts, not the result, and I think I'm more than familiar with the methods.

So just a few words on the present. Since I have little experience learning multiple games at once, and kind of didn't know where to start, I thought it might be the best to accelerate the process by hiring a coach. If you have enough money when you start a new game (especially with very limited learning material available), I'd definitely suggest you to hire a coach to start off and form your learning curve. Of course, for most of the beginner players that's unaffordable, and so they have to stick to the somewhat awful education out there.

So my choice was one of the best ever mixed players I know of, CeeGee. (If you don't know him, check out his Triple Stud series on DC, and his vids on CR - super mega awesomeness!) Honestly, I was very lucky I found him playing on FTP at HU tables, cause I couldn't find any contact info on the internet. He's a great guy, and has such a deep understanding of the games, I really admire it.

Ok, so that's it for now, I'll definitely post more often and a bit more strategy in the future.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése